EJ Johnson breaks silence on friend Lyric McHenry’s death

EJ Johnson
EJ Johnson will not adhere to the pressure to share emotional social media posts about his late friend Lyric McHenry.

“I’m going to make this clear to everyone there will be no mourning post because I’m not going to reduce a 25yr friendship to 1 Instagram post,” he shared in the comments of a recent post, according to E! News. “Please respect my privacy and my process.”

The Post reported earlier this month that McHenry, 26, was found dead on a sidewalk in the Bronx. She was also pregnant.

Upon discovery, McHenry had on a pajama top, but no pants.

Local police are now hunting for a man, who might have been the last to see her alive. The unidentified male was spotted on surveillance video walking near the scene where she was found.

A week before her death, her famous father and movie producer, Doug McHenry, sent her to Martha’s Vineyard for a birthday celebration.

Before McHenry’s passing, Johnson also praised his best friend with a heartfelt post in celebration of her birthday writing, “Words cannot express how much I love and appreciate you in my life. Your constant love, respect and companionship gives me the confidence to live my truth every single day and I am so blessed that even as a baby divas we recognized the greatness in each other each other. I love you.”

Comments